Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hickory

This is what I finished last night; Hickory Tree, oil on canvas board, $65.00 SOLD.


This hickory tree is one of many on my property. They’ve had a hard life. Before we bought this land, the whole property was strip cut. They took nearly everything, mostly pine and some red oak. The relatively young (and to them, useless) hickory were left. The logging was hard on them though. Their roots were damaged and most of their limbs were torn off. It has taken over five years for them to start filling in again. Once we finish work on the house, we are going to reforest most of the lot.

I’m going to have to start painting at a different time of day so I can get a new light source. So far, everything except my first painting has been painted between 6 PM to 7PM. If I don’t change something, all these are going to start looking the same.

1 comment:

John said...

Hey,

I hope this comment hasn't been sitting here too long (i don't think it was here on October 30, 2006). I just sold this painting and two others today. I sent you an email to your "owner" house in progress account with more info. There will be some similar paintings in the next two weeks, so maybe there will be something else you like?