Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Frame Shop and Gallery

I've been showing and selling my artwork at The Frame Shop and Gallery in Russellville, Arkansas, for several years now. They have a new website: click here to see more.

Suzanne, the owner, does a fabulous job. When I need my work framed or matted, she is the person that I take it to. I don't use her because she is only 15 minutes away from my house, but because she is good.

As an artist, I would highly recommend taking your art to her to be shown. She's been in Russellville for years, and she knows her clientele. She just doesn't hang your work up, she makes sure that people with an interest in it see it. She sold a mermaid I painted in under twelve hours because she steered the right people to it. Also, by art world standards, Suzanne takes a relatively modest commission on the works she sells, and she does not play at the games a lot of galleries do: there are no exclusive contracts, weird fees, double dealing, et cetera.

No comments: